Links are Amazon affiliate links. If you purchase through one of my links, I will get a small commission, but you will pay the same price. All opinions/statements are my own.
Productivity is the main goal for those of us who are doing this adulting thing. depending on your work schedule, how many kids you have, whether you are single or married, and how much you help you have from family, your schedule varies from the next guy (or lady).
It helps to have a schedule that is not rigid, per se, but one that allows for you to get the things done that need to be done on a regular basis. If you find that you don’t know where to start, or in general, your life looks like a mess right now and you are struggling to be productive, here are some ways you can be productive today.
This is a list of things you can do to be productive today, or even pick and choose a couple to make regular habits, Have fun with this! Tes, some of these things are chores, but life is supposed to be enjoyable! So don’t grumble about the things you know are chores, but you need to do them. Make them fun, in your own way!
- Journal. Spend some time writing whatever you want to.
- Workout. Sweat! Getting in some exercise can make any day productive because you know you did something great for your health.
- Meditate or pray. Pick up your Bible and read or sit with a list of things you are grateful for and be thankful,
- Clean your kitchen. Yeah, we do dishes every day, but when was the last time you gave your kitchen a deep clean? Or even cleaned out your refrigerator? Go ‘head and pick today to get that done!
- Do all your laundry (and put it away!)
- Vacuum or sweep, At least do your main areas.
- Clean your bathrooms.
- Cut your kids’ fingernails and toenails.
- Plan meals for the week!
- Make a list of grocery items you are out of and go shopping.
- Meal prep for the week!
- Take your kids to a park and play with them for an hour or two.
- Read a self-help book and write some actionable steps to improve your life.
- Ask someone close to you if they need anything, and go do it for them!
- Clean out your car.
- Pay bills.
- Wash and deep condition your hair.
- Write a letter to someone and send it.
- Plan out your week! Or weekend, or even just tomorrow.
- Put on some music and worship.
- Get in some good prayer time.
- Clean and organize your desk or office.
- Go through your clothes (or your kids’ clothes) and put the ones that you don’t wear or don’t fit to the side to donate or sell.
- Have a yard sale!
- Give yourself a pedicure and/or manicure. (Or go to the nail shop if you can!)
- Cook a really yummy dinner.
- Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Draw and/or have craft time with your kids.
- Go shopping for house decor.
- Pick a new hobby and start it.
This list is just the beginning of ideas for ways to be productive today. Make some of these habits. Add some of your own ideas. Make your own list. Just get started! I know that not every day is going to be super productive, and you’re not going to feel good about every day. But I hope that you take some of these ideas as inspiration today to go to bed satisfied tonight.
Also, a great inspirational book I read recently and will be going through again (because it was so good!) is Atomic Habits by James Clear. This book teaches how to create new habits and quit bad habits in an effective manner. It is best selling and I know why. If you want to take some of these ways to be productive and create new, good habits, but are struggling to get them to ‘stick’, you may want to pick up this book. You can purchase it here on Amazon.
What do YOU do on a day that you feel like you don’t know where to start? And do you keep a planner? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading. God bless you.