It feels good that I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the notification on Facebook that Sirius Sunshine State Of Mind nominated for this award. Makes me feel like I’m starting to be recognized as a blogger and am making some sort of impression in the writing community! Thanks Sirius Sunshine State Of Mind!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
There are some rules for being nominated:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in your blog post and link back to his/her blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 questions.
- List these rules and display the sunshine blogger award logo in your post and on your blog.
So I will start by answering the questions asked of me:
- What was your inspiration for starting your blog?
My husband! I started a blog years ago that wasn’t self hosted. Back then, I didn’t know much about how people were making a living by blogging. My hubby urged me for months to start blogging again, and I finally took the initiative and here I am.
2. What is your favorite hobby and why?
I love to read. I always have and always will. There’s just something about opening the pages of a book and being engaged in a story that gives me a private thrill. I get lost there.
3. Who has had the most influence in your life and why?
Well, I’d have to say Jesus Christ. He is the only One I really can say has changed me. My mind, my heart and my life. When I decided to really give my life to Christ, I took steps to read the Word of God and apply it to my life and I am a different person now. Still on a journey to being better all the time!
4. Why did you choose your niche?
Well, I thought about what I’m passionate about and thought I may as well write about my faith and my family; what matters most to me!
5. What have you always wanted to try but never found the courage to do?
Hmm, I’m not really the adventurous type. I guess I’d have to say that I’ve always wanted to travel to another country. Not that I haven’t had the courage though. I just haven’t had the opportunity yet.
6. What is your favorite quote and how do you use it in your life?
My favorite quote is a Bible verse. Philippinas 1:6 says, “Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” I remember this every day to remind myself that I am not perfect but that the Lord is still working on me and He will have his way in my heart and my life.
7. If you could choose one place to spend 30 days at, where would it be and why?
Well, there are a lot of places I wan to visit! But I’d choose a beach somewhere. Let’s say in Hawaii.
8. Where do you see your blog being in one year?
In one year, I want to be making a good enough income from my blog that I don’t have to even consider working outside of my house.
9. Would you rather do laundry or dishes? Why?
I’d much rather do dishes! Reason being, laundry is a lot more work. Laundry takes going down to the basement and switching it from washer to dryer, folding, separating and putting away. Washing dishes is a lot simpler.
10. If you could spend one day with anyone, dead or alive, who would it be? Why?
I’d pick my dad. He passed last year and I wish I had more quality time with him in his last days here. If I could just have that one day, I’d do my best to make it great.
11. What is the best advice you can give to other bloggers?
Learn from the experience of others who are successful!
And here are the 11 I’m nominating!
God’s Sweet Nectar – https://godsweetnectar.wordpress.com/
Rubies From Ruins – https://rubiesfromruins.com/
A Mother Far From Home – https://amotherfarfromhome.com/
A Wise Woman Builds Her Home – https://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/
Our Kingdom Culture – https://ourkingdomculture.com/
Abundant Family Living – https://www.abundant-family-living.com/
Sarah Geringer – https://www.sarahgeringer.com/
Mrs. Plan Ahead – http://mrsplanahead.com/
Speer And Arrows – https://speerandarrows.com/
Kingdom Bloggers – https://bloggersforthekingdom.com/
My Casual Reflections – https://allmycasualreflections.blogspot.com/
My 11 Questions For Those I Nominated:
- Are you still friends with anyone from high school?
- Do you have children? If so how many? And do you want more?
- Are you outgoing or introverted?
- Does your family know about your blog?
- What is your favorite social media platform?
- Did you take a blogging course? If not, will you in the future?
- How do you manage your time working at home?
- What is your occupation, aside from blogging?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What is the most challenging thing you have ever done?
- What’s your favorite self help book?