Fall is my favorite season. I love the warmth of Summer, but when it starts to get cooler, the days get shorter and the leaves start to change colors and fall, I get excited. I welcome the cooler weather because it’s a break from the hot days of Summer that are hard to bear without air conditioning. The atmosphere changes and there’s a sort of readiness that builds within me. A readiness for change.
I have not always liked change, but it has gotten easier since getting married and becoming a mama. Learning to roll with the punches and grow has been a necessary thing to learn. Things can’t always stay the same if you want better and more! Gratefulness for my family grows within my heart. I’ve known that I am blessed, but through the pregnancy and birth of Manasseh, I have learned to appreciate my growing family so much more. Not only am I grateful for my family, but for everything in my life that the Lord has blessed me with.
My growing love, gratefulness, and love for my family makes me want to do more and be better for them. I had a long dry season in my life. I didn’t believe there was anything better for me. I didn’t believe that I could do more than I was doing. Now, I have dreams and goals that the Lord has placed in my heart. I am determined to move forward and embrace the change that will come as I evolve into the woman the Lord has destined me to be for His kingdom, and for my family.
In the past, I did not like Spring because of the mud. I did not like Winter because of the snow and freezing cold. Now, I am learning to appreciate every season, spiritually as well as naturally. Yeah, I like Summer and love Fall, but I do not want my mood and attitude to change just because the weather does! That being said, there are some reasons that Fall is my favorite season. There are just some things that I appreciate about the season a lot more than the rest of the year.
- Orange, yellow and red leaves. They’re just so beautiful! Looking at the changing colors gives me a feeling that’s hard to describe. Sort of like a glowing feeling. That’s about the best I can describe it!
- Leggings and cozy sweaters. When I first started to see other women wearing leggings, I really didn’t like them. The way they look just didn’t appeal to me. Then when I was pregnant with my daughter, I tried them on because none of my jeans fit me and I didn’t want to buy maternity pants. I fell in love with them right away. To me, Fall is the best time to wear them. Also, cozy sweaters are love when it gets cold. There are so many sweaters, sweatshirts and hoodies to choose from, but there are always one or two I cling to each Fall.
- Back to school. My oldest started 1st grade today. He was excited, I was excited. My husband texted me from work to remind me to take pictures. I’m glad he did because I wouldn’t have thought to do it. But of course, he knew that. That’s why he texted me. I’m grateful for back to school season this year because my son needs it. He needs to learn. Not only does he enjoy school, but I saw how he thrived in Kindergarten and I want this year to be another great year for him. When I got home from dropping him off, I also saw how it’s really going to be a blessing for me to have more one on one time with Heaven.
- Hot coffee and tea. Yes, hot drinks are enjoyable year-round, especially if you are a coffee drinker; But the Fall season just makes coffee and tea so much more enjoyable. Drinking a cup of coffee on the front porch on a chilly morning. Sipping a cup of tea on a cold night before bed. These are just some simple pleasures I can’t deny myself, though the tea is more healthy than the coffee. I don’t drink my coffee without sugar and creamer!
- Cozy beds at night. Not much needs to be said.
- Soup in the crockpot. Mmmm. Just the thought makes me warm inside. I don’t know what soup I will bust out in the crockpot first this year! One year, I made a chicken dumpling soup that everyone enjoyed so much, I ended up making three pots. Sadly, I don’t know where the recipe for that one is. Chicken noodle soup is also a favorite of mine. My husband loves it too.
For everything, there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven.” Ecclesiastes 3:1
“He has made everything beautiful in its time.” – Ecclesiastes 3:11a
What is your favorite season? What are some things you enjoy about that season?