-The post contains affiliate links-
If you’re reading this, I’m going to assume you either have a blog or are thinking about starting one. It can be intimidating to think about where to start with a blog. Or just thinking, “How am I going to make money with my blog?” But with guidance, you don’t need to do as much guess work. So I started writing tips for new bloggers to help you out! If you haven’t already seen it, go check out my first blogging post, My Top 6 Tips For New Bloggers.
One of the tips I gave in that post was to utilize social media. Creating free accounts on social media platforms can get you a lot of free traffic. Here, I will list the social media platforms I have accounts on and how to use them to get traffic to your blog.
- Facebook – Create a fan page for your blog. Brand it well so that when people become familiar with you, they can instantly recognize that it’s your page. Use the banner you created for your blog as your header. Invite everybody on your friends’ list to like your page. Post to your page every day. Post your blog posts as well as inspirational quotes and popular content from other bloggers in your niche. Be consistent and interact with people who comment on your posts. Even post videos to your page to get more interaction.
- Twitter – On Twitter, it’s a good idea to Tweet a lot. Be frequent with your updates. You may even want to sign up for a service that auto tweets for you. Post your blog posts, quotes and other information and updates that pertain to the niche you’re in. Start following others in your niche, as well as the people they follow and the people who are following them. Follow several accounts per day. Most people will follow you back. Also, utilize the retweet feature to post others’ content.
- Instagram – On Instagram, you want to post good pictures. That’s mostly what Instagram is about; beautiful photos. Post photos of yourself, things that pertain to what you are selling, your blog content and things that pertain to your niche. Like, if you’re a Christian blogger, like me, faith posts and Bible study posts will be great because you are marketing to followers who enjoy that content. Also, to get more followers, do the same as with Twitter and follow those who are in your niche and those who your niche markets to. You also may want to do some sort of 3 day, week long, or 30 day challenge to engage your followers once you have a good amount of them.
- Pinterest – Create a business account on Pinterest, not a personal account. When you sign up, create a board for your blog posts, then a board for each category you blog about. Start following others in your niche, and their followers. Don’t forget to interact! Save others’ pins and comment on them.
- YouTube – I had a YouTube channel before I started my blog. Now that I am a blogger, I’m sharing my blog with my subscribers. I do videos about blogging, I share my blog link in the description of my videos. I also embed my videos in blog posts when the topic is the same.
These are some tips that I have learned and have utilized. I have gained a lot of followers from using this system and am gaining more followers day by day. It is good to start keeping a schedule of when you post and what you post on these accounts because it can get overwhelming! I learned a lot about social media for bloggers from a blogging course I took. If you are interested in taking a blog course, check out the 30 Day Blogging Blastoff course. It totally changed the game for me. I’m not doing guess work like I would be if I didn’t have the guidance of people who already went through trial and error, failed, then succeeded. Check out the course here: